About Knollwood Military Retirement Community
- The Honorable Nelson Ford
- LTG Patricia Horoho, USA, Ret.
- Pat Jones
- MAJ John “Jack” A.
Kelly ,USA, Ret.
- RADM Kathleen
Martin ,USN, Ret.
- MG Timothy P. McHale, USA, Ret.
- VADM Frank Pandolfe, Ph.D. USN, Ret.
- Amy Roberti
- LTC Gordy Schnabel, USA, Ret.
- Catherine Leech Turley, Ed.D.
Chief Operating Officer
Director of Marketing and Admissions
Director of Nursing
President and CEO
Director of Development
Director of Human Resources
Associate Executive Director
Chief Financial Officer
Health Services Administrator
A stroll through our park-like setting is just one of the timeless amenities our residents enjoy. Relax in the heated indoor pool or plant a garden in a fenced garden plot. Residents enjoy the luxury of an on-site convenience store, full-service beauty salon, elegant and well-stocked library, chapel, fitness centers and much more. A wealth of planned events and trips are also available, including themed dinner nights, lectures, musical performances, fitness classes and outings to local attractions.
The elegant, full-service Knollwood Bistro serves Chef inspired creations for every taste. Knollwood’s unique, “flexible Pay-as-You-Go” is more than adequate for meeting residents’ needs with delicious specials served daily, open seven days each week from 7:30 AM to 7:00 PM weekdays as well as 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM Saturday and Sunday. It features a recently expanded menu selection and monthly theme nights featuring table side cooking, and meals from around the world featuring fresh ingredients and a la carte meals.
- Full size swimming pool and Jacuzzi
- Computer and game room
- Card room
- Unisex salon
- “Our Little Store,” resident-run convenience store
- Art Studio
- Music room with baby grand piano
- Library with reading rooms, large-print books and enlarged reading machines. There are nearly 6,000 books in the collection plus a very large selection of movies, TV VIDEOS, and music in the library’s audio-visual collection. Residents have donated an amazing collection of books on military history and other topics, creating an first-class special reference section. Several authors call Knollwood home, and the library has a special collection of their works
- 75-seat auditorium
- Serene putting green, walking paths and private garden plots
- The Knoll House Tudor mansion is available for private parties
Wellness and Personal Care
- Speech, physical, occupational, aquatic, massage therapy center and hydro-therapy unit
- A wellness clinic staffed by a registered nurse to promote continued health and well-being
- There two fitness studio for group classes and individual exercise. Fitness and yoga classes are available for all residents
- Some doctors and a mobile dentist make regular visits
- There are three buses (14 and 28 passenger) for transporting residents
- Public bus stop (Metro bus E6) at Knollwood’s front entrance, connecting to the extensive transportation network of Washington, DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia. This includes connections to area airports (DCA, IAD, and BWI), AMTRAK, as well as convenient shuttle buses between DC and New York
- Five daily shuttle runs to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center at Bethesda, as well as visits to a commissary, grocery stores, pharmacies, shopping malls, and more
- Weekly housekeeping services and front desk concierge services
- Complete maintenance of building and grounds
- All utilities, plus TV and internet are included
- Reserved parking space for each resident
- Locked storage bins for trunks, seasonal, and other items residents wish to store
Safety and Security Amenities
- 24-hour reception desk staff
- Closed-circuit television monitors entrances and parking areas
- Director of Security and full-time security guard on staff
- Bathroom emergency pull cords in all apartments
- A state-of-the-art fire detection, alarm, and suppression system
- Walter Reed National Military Medical Center at Bethesda
- Sibley Hospital
- Suburban Hospital
- Georgetown University Hospital
- George Washington University Hospital
- Washington Hospital Center
- Shady Grove Adventist Hospital