Knollwood is a tight-knit community of men and women, including notable military leaders, who have a shared history of serving our nation. Our building and grounds are safe, secure, and beautiful. Our location is unbeatable — adjacent to Rock Creek Park and minutes to dining theatre, museums, and the nation’s top hospitals.
We are pioneers firmly committed to pursuing and applying the most innovative care approaches available today to give you a better life — we offer cutting-edge therapies, technologies, and programs not offered by other life plan communities. Our programs support a full continuum of care to accommodate every stage of aging. Should you need advanced care, we employ an award-winning nursing staff and our skilled nursing and memory care services, which are dually certified by Medicaid and Medicare, maintain the highest possible 5-star Federal rating.
We are recognized as a Green Sealed Certified community, demonstrating our commitment to environmentalism and sustainability.
And, because of our donor-supported Financial Assistance Fund that is sustained by concerned residents, families, corporations, and foundations, Knollwood residents who fall into financial hardship will always remain in our care.
Knollwood. A community you will feel proud to call home.
At Knollwood, we proudly serve those who served our nation by offering residency to:
- Retired officers from any of the seven branches of the uniformed services
- Spouse, surviving spouse, or un-remarried divorced spouse of a qualified officer
- Mother, mother-in-law, daughter, or sister of a qualified officer
- Father, father-in-law, son, or brother of a qualified officer
- High-level federal workers with a GS grade of GS-14 (or equivalent) and higher from the Department of Defense, Department of State, Department of Homeland Security, Department of Justice, Merchant Marine, and our national intelligence agencies, including but not limited to, the Central Intelligence Agency, the National Security Agency, the Defense Intelligence Agency, and the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency.
- Post-9/11 service members with severe war-related injuries receiving Special Monthly Compensation (SMC)
- Foreign Service members in FS Class 1, 2 or 3.
A small number of admission waivers to live at Knollwood are available for Americans who have served our nation in another capacity. Interested individuals should contact our Admissions Team to find out more about how they can apply.
Prospective Assisted Living residents must meet the above requirements, but need not be current Independent Living residents.
For our Skilled Care and Memory Care services, we are open to the public—neither Knollwood residency nor military connection is required.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Board of Directors has the overall responsibility for the conduct, overall health and effectiveness of The Army Distaff Foundation. As such, the Board determines the organization’s mission and purposes, ensures effective organizational planning and adequate resources, monitors programs and services, and works to enhance public image.
LTG Patricia Horoho, USA, Ret.
CEO, Optum Serve
VADM Frank Pandolfe, PhD, USN, Ret.
CEO, Pan Global Strategies
Dr. Catherine L. Turley, EdD.
School of Medicine and Health Services, George Washington University
Kimberly A. Kuryea
Senior Vice President, General Dynamics
Director Global Tax and Fiscal Policy, Procter & Gamble
The Honorable Nelson Ford
LTC Gordy Schnabel, USA, Ret
RADM Kathleen Martin, USN, Ret.
MG Timothy McHale, USA, Ret.
Col. Paul W. Bricker (Ret.)
Chief Operating Officer
MG Timothy P. McHale (Ret.)
President and CEO
Associate Executive Director
Director of Strategic Marketing and Sales
Director of Development
Chief Financial Officer
Director of Nursing
Director of Human Resources
Health Services Administrator
Copyright Knollwood © 2019