There’s nothing slowing you down.
The Knollwood community offers a wide range of programs, services, and amenities to ensure residents enjoy every stage of life.
Fit for all.
Staying active at Knollwood is no sweat. Group exercises such as Tai Chi, Zumba, and yoga are both therapeutic and fun. There’s a fitness studio plus a heated indoor pool for aqua-aerobics and swimming laps. And don’t forget to hit the trails, DC’s beloved Rock Creek Park is right next door.
Culture to go.
With its proximity to Washington, DC, Knollwood offers endless opportunities to take in the sights and sounds of our nation’s capital—including trips to the Kennedy Center, Smithsonian galleries and museums, monuments, memorials, theaters, and restaurants.
Through intellectual programs, residents enjoy stimulating lectures, seminars, and technology classes. There’s a library with an extensive book selection, plus brain fit classes and more.
Fun and games.
A variety of active social programs promote interaction and a strong sense of community. Through group games, karaoke, happy hours, movies, and more, Knollwood fosters friendship and encourages future get-togethers.
Those interested in the arts have lots of opportunities to get creative. There are multi-media art classes, memoir writing, dramatic readings, concerts, and dance performances. There’s something for everyone to enjoy and take part in.
In Our Nature.
Knollwood’s expansive campus features picturesque pathways, giant oak trees, tranquil fountains, a community vegetable garden, flagstone patios, a putting green, and more. Take a stroll or just relax on a shaded bench and enjoy the great outdoors.
Welcome to The Bistro.
Where your table is always ready.
The casual, full-service, bistro restaurant serves up delicious chef-inspired creations. Explore flavors from around the world with daily specials, an expansive menu, and monthly theme nights that feature tableside cooking. Breakfast, lunch, or dinner, The Bistro is where friends love getting together to catch up, grab a bite, and plan their day.
Knollwood senior living community offers convenient dining options with a “pay-as-you-go” plan that gives residents complete flexibility and choice with dining and cooking. You’re not forced into a dining plan at Knollwood.
Enjoy a wide range of conveniences for relaxed, carefree living, including:
- Home warranty on all appliances and systems for the duration of residency
- Public Metro bus stop at Knollwood’s front entrance
- Sundries store
- Weekly housekeeping services
- Concierge services
- Complete building and grounds maintenance
- Cable, Internet, landline, utilities all included
- A complimentary parking spot(s) for residents with cars
- Locked storage for luggage and other items
- Unisex salon
- Transportation for trips to museums, galleries, restaurants, the commissary, grocery stores, pharmacies, and shopping malls
- Weekday shuttle runs to nearby Sibley Hospital, Walter Reed, and the Friendship Heights Metro
EXTRA PEACE OF MIND
To reassure you even more, Knollwood offers the following comprehensive safety and security:
- 24-hour reception staff
- Closed-circuit television monitors at entrances, service areas, and parking areas
- 24/7 security guard
- Bathroom emergency pull cords in all apartment homes
- Non-intrusive electronic daily check-in system
- Fire detection, alarm, and suppression system
- 24-hour nurse on staff in case of medical emergency