Exceptional wellness care and purposeful living are what you will find at Knollwood. We offer wide-ranging programs, services, and amenities to ensure our residents truly thrive at every stage of life.
We offer a broad range of wellness programs to enrich the quality of life for our residents.
Adjacent to Rock Creek Park, trail-walking is a popular pastime for those interested in enjoying the outdoors. Tai Chi, Zumba, yoga, and other classes challenge residents interested in group exercise. Those interested in a cardio workout will enjoy our fitness studio. In our indoor heated pool, residents can participate in aqua-aerobics and lap swimming. Staying physically fit at Knollwood is easy.
With our proximity to Washington, DC, we offer endless opportunities to take in the sights and sounds of our nation’s capital. The Kennedy Center, Smithsonian galleries and museums, monuments, memorials, and theaters are among our frequent outings.
Through our intellectual programs, residents enjoy in-house lectures and seminars, technology classes and computer room, library with an extensive book selection, brain fit classes, and much more.
A variety of social programs promote a strong sense of community. Through group games, karaoke, happy hours, movies, and more, Knollwood fosters friendship.
Those interested in the arts will enjoy a wide variety of opportunities, including multi-media art classes, memoir writing, dramatic readings, concerts, and dance performances.
Something for everyone is always happening at Knollwood.
Our casual, full-service Bistro serves chef-inspired creations for every taste.
Our recently expanded menu selection and monthly theme nights feature table side cooking and meals from around the globe.
We offer healthy and nutritious options, making it easy for those choosing to follow a special diet.
The Bistro is open daily and offers “pay-as-you-go” plans, so that you always have flexibility and choice in how you dine.
A wide range of conveniences make life relaxed and carefree:
- In-house transportation with multiple daily shuttle runs to Walter Reed as well as regular trips to the commissary, grocery stores, pharmacies, shopping malls, and more
- Public bus stop (Metro bus E6) at Knollwood’s front entrance
- In-house convenience store (resident-run)
- Weekly housekeeping services and front desk concierge services
- Complete maintenance of building and grounds
- TV, internet, and utilities
- Reserved parking space for each resident
- Locked storage bins for trunks, seasonal, and other items
- Unisex salon
PEACE OF MIND
To ensure your peace of mind, Knollwood offers a wide range of safety and security features, including:
- 24-hour reception desk staff
- Closed-circuit television monitors at entrances and parking areas
- Director of Security and full-time security guard
- Bathroom emergency pull cords in all apartments
- State-of-the-art fire detection, alarm, and suppression system
- Cutting-edge fall prevention technology
Should the need arise for outside care, the nation’s top hospitals are within minutes, including:
- Walter Reed National Military Medical Center at Bethesda
- Sibley Hospital (Johns Hopkins affiliated)
- Suburban Hospital
- Georgetown University Hospital
- George Washington University Hospital
- Washington Hospital Center
- Shady Grove Adventist Hospital